Page 1 of 1

Hygain 640

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:04 pm
by killer cam
Hi guys,

Well got my icom 706 and have the A99 for 10m but at the moment 10m is very flat, I have been looking at these hygain 640 just wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?

Re: Hygain 640

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm
by Guzzy
Different people will give you different and often contradictory advice/reports on these multi-band verticals.

Some people love 'em, others hate 'em.

If you are stuck for space and need a single antenna that can 'sort of' work on many bands, then it might be the antenna for you.

I think it comes down to how well and where you install it. It would certainly explain the mass of contradictory reviews I've heard.

Re: Hygain 640

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:24 pm
by porky.69
hi cam what bands are you into mate. it may pay to look at a wire antenna *King*

Re: Hygain 640

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 pm
by killer cam
Hi,

Well Im looking for an all band hf antenna, I did think of a wire antenna but only have a small back garden. :roll:

Cheers

Re: Hygain 640

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 am
by stampman
you could run it round the perimeter then back up to the gutter


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Hygain 640

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:46 pm
by killer cam
stampman wrote:you could run it round the perimeter then back up to the gutter


*King* *King* *King* *King*
Yes! I didnt think of that ! :shock: I have seen some wire antenna's that are only £40 which cover 80-10M and others that cover the same for £140 what is the difference ? The quality of the copper wire ? The gauge of it ? And also how much would an auto atu set me back ? £150 ? I have looked at a few places but not sure if they are trying to rip me off.

Cheers