Page 1 of 1

solar panels

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:36 pm
by spectra
My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panels and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.

Re: solar panels

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am
by stampman
well this is a brand new problem must confess i have never come across it so will waite and see if anyone has a similar problem and more importantly an answer


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: solar panels

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:13 am
by JoseGonzalez
spectra wrote:My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panels and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.
It could be as there is no other way of facing disturbance.. I am looking to install solar panels on my home roof and will take care of it.

Re: solar panels

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 am
by Dragonfly
I looked into solar panels and found another problem with them is when they switch over back to mains as it gets dark the electric cuts off momenterally so computers and TV,s go off , They can also switch back to mains during the day if you exceed the output of the panels by using the cooker oven and kettle at the same time . I didn't bother having them fitted in the end .

Re: solar panels

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 am
by spectra
The council that fitted them refused to rectify the problem, I even relocation my antron further away and higher, in the end I gave in and sold up but before I did i tried different rigs and antennas to see if they were affected and were so i am no longer into cb radio.

Re: solar panels

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 am
by OtisWells
spectra wrote:My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panel and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.
Seems like very strange problem.. Were you able to sort it out?

Re: solar panels

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm
by davejay100
I,ve had 16 panels fitted to my roof these last two years, and I certainly get no interuption of current whatsoever when the sun goes down. I also have a 2 element Moxon beam fitted three feet above the roof ridge just a few feet above these panels and I do not get a glimmer of interference in my 11 meter band transceiver.

Re: solar panels

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:04 pm
by porky.69
thats good news