Page 1 of 1

Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am
by mburton2
I have NiMh batteries in mine, can I use the supplied mains-charger, to charge these?, or were these for NiCd batteries?

Does it make any difference?

I kinda like taking the batteries out & charging them with "Smart" chargers....but sometimes it would be nice just to plug it in.
Can anyone let me know what the mains-charger looks like?...I may have thrown it in a box with a million* other chargers/power-supplies...it would be nice to pick up,the right one.


* May have been a slight exaggeration..

EDIT Changing some grammar errors

Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Yes you can charge the NiMH batteries, it will just take a while longer as they are higher capacity.

To help you out I have attached a picture of the adaptor :D

Andy :wink:
H520 charger.jpg
H520 charger.jpg (90.07 KiB) Viewed 4572 times

Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm
by mburton2
=D> Cheers Andy, Most helpfull :D

Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:47 am
by mburton2
Well, I never did find the mains-charger for the H520 :( & not knowing the pin configuration, I haven't tried making one (It charges via the Speaker or Mic port, right?)

On the plus-side, I have made a couple of in-car chargers for my Midland 42's....most Handy!

Also, I *THINK* the Midland-chargers, will also work with my recently re-aquired (loaned to a friend for nearly 10 months) "Eurosonic Ultimate KH-104". But here is a question on that (Similar to my Question on the Intek):

I'm pretty sure NiMh rechargeables were not mainstream when this model was bought out, I guess NiCd were the norm...NiCd & NiMh chargers use a different charging technique....can I safely charge NiMh in my Eurosonic using an in-car charger?....or should I try to source some NiCd's for this radio?

Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:44 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Ok, well normally NiMH are higher capacity and as those chargers are just trickle chargers it will just take a bit longer to charge them.

The only thing I would say is make sure you take them off charge when they are fully charged, as the chargers probably won't sense this and continue charging.

Andy :wink:

Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm
by mburton2
Roger that on the "Over-charging" thing.....

Im thinking along the lines of getting them charged...then maybe once a week plugging one in as I drive to work (30 mins each way, & the cigar lighter switches off with the ignition)....so they have some power when/if I need to use them (Using the slightly lower-capacity, but hold the charge-longer "Good to go" type of batteries)