Very Disappointed...

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
User avatar
Paff
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have just fitted a multi band CB radio in my 4x4 and I wish I had saved my money as there are no one about, anywhere! I used AM CB radio when is was illegal in the 70s and into the 80s when FM was legalised. So I thought I'd fit one in my truck, I already have Amateur radio in there. What a waste of money.... where have all the people gone? I hear that 14 FM is no longer used for a calling channel, but 19 is now used which used to be just for truckers. Then I read somewhere on the internet that 31 FM is the 'new' calling channel? WTF?

I assume that the EU AM band is the same freq that we used to use in the 70s? If so there is sod all on there either, listened to a few yanks talking the other day, apart from that and the few 'foreigners', or should I say non English speaking Britons on the UK FM band that's it!

Can someone tell me what the calling channels are on UK FM and the EU AM bands please? Or am I listening to the wrong channels/bands??? What channels are used now? Oh, and do you still use 'handles'?

Very disappointed that I have spent good money for nothing... :roll:

Regards,
Steve
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi yes it has changed from the am days and you will find most users seem to stay on the company channels ie Sotobarts use 26 and the various other firms use there own the am channels are still the main ones for the Irish lads so if you persevere you will get to chat to someone 31fm is proposed for midband but dont know if its in regular use at this time

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply