Hi guys, great forum.
I've got a couple of handheld radios recently off ebay and they seem to be able to receive clearly but not transmit anything. When I press the transmit button both radios go silent (static stops) and I can transmit from the CB radio in my defender but when I transmit from the handheld radio I receive nothing at the other end. Can anyone suggest a way to test the microphones on the handheld radios?
Thanks in advance
Tom
Handheld radios can receive but won't transmit
-
Tommatwalker
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:31 pm
Hi Mate,
They are some old radios from RadioShack, I'm not sure exactly what frequency they are on (the back of the radio lists 27Mhz) but the person I bought them off thought they were channel 7 and when I set the radio in the land rover to channel 7 I can transmit to the handheld radios but I can't seem to broadcast anything from them.
Thanks
Tom
They are some old radios from RadioShack, I'm not sure exactly what frequency they are on (the back of the radio lists 27Mhz) but the person I bought them off thought they were channel 7 and when I set the radio in the land rover to channel 7 I can transmit to the handheld radios but I can't seem to broadcast anything from them.
Thanks
Tom
-
Tommatwalker
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:31 pm
They say 27/94 on them, I believe that the radio in my landy is on the EU frequencies but I'll check.
Tom
Tom
Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge you may simply have a shorted antenna connector or a bad antenna. You need at least a VHF SWR meter (cheap) or better than that an "antenna analyzer" (expensive) to test an antenna. THe radio may be fine -- modern radios protect themselves and won't transmit into a high SWR.
try reading the manual, might have a problem with what you are doing. or else ask someone who have the same radio with you. or call the support
ทางเข้าจีคลับ
ทางเข้าจีคลับ


