Page 1 of 1

Midland 98 plus no speaker sound

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm
by Biggy88
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Midland 98 plus cb and there is no speaker sound and squelch is on. I have ran wires across the pins but still no sound. The rig still operates as it should but just cannot work out what issue could be besides it may require a new speaker or possibly a new amp being fitted.

Any help or advice would very much appreciated.

Re: Midland 98 plus no speaker sound

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:26 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Could be the internal speaker, easiest way to find out is plug an extension speaker in to see what happens.

Andy :wink:

Re: Midland 98 plus no speaker sound

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 am
by fazer
I have the same problem, no receive, bit of a strange low were-ring noise with an extension speaker plugged in, it transmits ok.

Re: Midland 98 plus no speaker sound

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 am
by stampman
sounds like a voltage overdrive

*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Midland 98 plus no speaker sound

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am
by Cactusjack1879
I’ve got the same problem on my (other company) minor. It works ok on external speaker. I put an ohm meter across the speaker terminals and no reading so it’s broken. Does anyone know where to get a replacement speaker? I bought a small one but it was still too big to fit in the tiny (other company).