Page 1 of 1

High swr and only 1 tx light.

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 pm
by Ferryman
Hi guys.
I have a stabo 3003 in my Scania truck and I fitted a stud mount through the roof and installed a thunder pole orbiter. I cannot get a low swr and for some reason when I key the Mike I only have 1 tx light instead of 4.
I have tried changing the stud mount and coax and even the CB itself but still have the same problem. Looking for some advise please.

Re: High swr and only 1 tx light.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am
by stampman
YOU NEED AN SWR METER AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ANTENNA NEEDS SHORTENING BUT YOU CAN ONLY TELL THIS WITH A METER




*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: High swr and only 1 tx light.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:24 pm
by Ferryman
Ok I have a meter but it doesn't seem very stable. I'm getting a reading of around 3 which I know isn't very good. I can trim the whip if needed. Do you suggest 1/4 inch at a time?

Re: High swr and only 1 tx light.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:54 am
by stampman
if its higher on ch 40 than ch1 it needs shortening and the are plenty post's about swr'ing on the forum




*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: High swr and only 1 tx light.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 am
by AppleTree
VSWR is always a problem on lorries because of all the metal behind.
Tippers especially.

Anyway, have you sorted it yet?