Page 1 of 1

Hi from the northeast

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 pm
by NuMonkey
Hi everyone,
I was going through my loft a few days ago and I came across my old twig, can’t remember what make / model it is, possibly Shakespeare. I’m thinking about getting back on the air after a lot of years, just wondering if there’s much activity these days.
73s from Gary (VICE)

Re: Hi from the northeast

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm
by Sa7ch 1968
Me too, I live on the Wirral and was wondering if it is worth it

Re: Hi from the northeast

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:36 am
by NuMonkey
Dunno about your area mate, I grabbed a loan of a Danita 40 fm off a pal to test whether my big stick is still in working order, sat on ch19 for an hour finally got a check of someone... his mate (2 miles away) couldn’t even hear me, might have been something to do with the antenna being stood in my back garden at 45 degrees leaning against my fence lol

Cheers
Gary

Re: Hi from the northeast

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:41 pm
by Keithp123
Sa7ch 1968 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm Me too, I live on the Wirral and was wondering if it is worth it
On the Wirral eh. Whereabouts? I'm originally from Birkenhead but live in sunny Plymouth now