Faulty squelch button

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
User avatar
blueovalcraig
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm
CB Handle: Blueoval
Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
Contact:

I have to ‘wiggle’ the squelch button on my t2000 to get any sound from it. I’m not sure if it’s working properly as I have nobody to do a check with.

I used to get squelch noise without having to wiggle it. Does it sound like a bad connection inside the unit?
Call Sign: 108CT167 Handle: Blueoval
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi sounds like the track inside the switch is going duff time for a new switch i think



*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
blueovalcraig
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm
CB Handle: Blueoval
Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
Contact:

stampman wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 am hi sounds like the track inside the switch is going duff time for a new switch i think



*King* *King* *King* *King*
Cheers stampman. What’s involved and where can I get one? Lol
Call Sign: 108CT167 Handle: Blueoval
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi

desoldering the old connections and resoldering to the new switch you need to find a repair man who has one not an easy thing to find im afraid good luck
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
blueovalcraig
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm
CB Handle: Blueoval
Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
Contact:

After consulting with Andy, I sent this to him and he repaired it.

I appreciate you doing that for me Andy.
Call Sign: 108CT167 Handle: Blueoval
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

No problem at all, glad it is all working well now.

Andy :wink:
Enterprise
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Location: Telford

Signs of good service. :)
Post Reply