Page 1 of 1

T800 Buzz

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 am
by alze
Hello there !
New to the forum and my own CB - last I time I touched a CB was over 30 years ago !
Anyhow, glad that I'm up and running but on my T800 am getting a 'buzz' when I turn it on. This is without an antenna in it, and the volume set to 0, just turn on a electrical hum.
Is this normal ? I seem to be getting out ok when its all hooked up, but am wondering if my setup is optimal or can be improved further, given the low wattage,etc.
Have uploaded a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqCUcZNVEE hoping this helps.
Many thanks in advance,
Al.ze

Re: T800 Buzz

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:30 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Hi Al.ze,

Looking at your video, this isn't a problem that we have seen before with the T-800.

It may be best for us to get it back here for testing in our workshop to rule out a faulty radio, if you can email me directly on andy@thunderpole.co.uk I will be able to organise getting it sent back for testing for you.

Regards,
Andy.

Re: T800 Buzz

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:35 pm
by alze
Thanks Andy - I really appreciate that !
I'll drop you a mail now :)
Kind Regards,
Alze

Re: T800 Buzz

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am
by AppleTree
I would say that is noise from your car, I have the same thing with my T-800 in my van. You get it in modern cars. In my Land Rover the injectors cause noise on the radio lol.

Ferrite rings stop most of it, in my van they don't but it doesn't bother me much. I still get contacts around Europe.

So, how did you get on? Did you find the source?