Page 1 of 1
No locating marks on Silver Rod antenna
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:19 pm
by Kittiwake
Just had delivery of a Moonroker GAP-H 1/2 wave vertical antenna (silver rod) and I'm trying to put it together, there was no Information/instruction leaflet included, the extending legs have no marks to indicate the length for clamping.
Is there a guide length I should put each leg into the other as a starting point
Re: No locating marks on Silver Rod antenna
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 pm
by Kittiwake
I've put the aerial up.
I went with the recomended overall measurement and worked out equal amount to insert into each section, and clamped each rod up with the jubilee clips, the whole antenna was then bolted onto a steel pole, I attached the coax and ran the feed back to my shack, connected to rig via swr meter and powered up the rig.
Boy was I shocked and Happy to see readings from the mid band and UK fm (26.965-27.405 and 27.60125-27.99125) give back readings of 1.2:1 max across all freq's.
All I need now is to get some copys/QSO's to prove it works. I've taken longer than expected to get this far today and have family duties to carry out so maybe tomorrow I'll be on the Air
Re: No locating marks on Silver Rod antenna
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 pm
by porky.69
nice one
