No modulation and mike identification help needed for a President Jack CB radio later version

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
David
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 am

Hello thundepole members. Just looking for any information on a radio that I purchased from France. The model is a President Jack made around the early1990s I think. So this is a black face model with a six pin microphone connector on the side. The seller I purchased it from said that it worked, of course when I plugged in it had issues (of course it did that's eBay!). Anyway the reciever function is working perfectly and all controls on the front function normally. One LED segment is intermittent but I can live with that. So the problem I have is no audio. It transmits a carrier just fine which was a touch high at 8 watts!. So I adjusted it down to the correct 5 watts as indicated in an on line Jack service manual. So the questions I have for anyone who has owned or has any experience with this model. The seller supplied me with a six pin President (electret insert) microphone that has up and down buttons on the top of the microphone (which doesent change channels). So firstly can anyone tell me if this is the correct microphone for this set?. To me it looks like an old Prsdent model that wouldn't have the mike change capability (although I am not totally sure). The big problem is no modulation on AM or SSB of course. The circuit diagram suggests in the service manual, that this mic has a voltage present on the centre Pin 6 of the side mounted mic Connector. I have checked with a multimeter and there is no voltage present on this pin. I would assume that is to power the electret insert in a microphone?. So can anyone point me in the direction of a possible fault fix with the modulation part of the radio. I had thought of buying a Zetagi microphone (with an electret insert). that has its own internal 9 Volt battery as a possible fix for the modulation?. So guys any help would be appreciated, I have never seen this later model Jack in Australia and any President Jack picture on line (or in video form) with a mic shown looks totally different to the one I have although maybe that's because have 4 Pin versions s I would like to know what an original mic was like?. Cheers from David.
Post Reply