Hi all,
I recently purchased a thunderpole T600 and after trying a couple of aerials my dad had laying around decided to buy an Orbiter with the 7” mag mount. When I bought the aerial (from a marketplace website) it said it was pre SWR adjusted. I’m beginning to believe this isn’t the case as I can barely pick anything up but static, can hear a faint voice but mostly static and when I adjust the squelch it just disappears altogether. I feel like this is an SWR issue but just wondering what people think as I don’t live that close to anywhere open to adjust SWR. Cheers
Thunderpole T600 + Orbiter with mag mount
Hi, I have the T-600 with the mag mount orbiter.
I used an SWR meter even though it said it was pre set.
All I get is crazy static. I’ve picked up the odd chat in uk but they don’t seem to hear me? I have also picked up more clear signals of what sounds like Italian and Muslim prayers. I have a feeling that it is just not powerful enough to cope around built up areas. I might try a burner. I do 60miles per day and have it scanning most of the time so I am surprised how much chat I don’t pick up.
Not sure how to ground it as I heard people talk of this.
Any advice from more experience people would be greatly appreciated.
I used an SWR meter even though it said it was pre set.
All I get is crazy static. I’ve picked up the odd chat in uk but they don’t seem to hear me? I have also picked up more clear signals of what sounds like Italian and Muslim prayers. I have a feeling that it is just not powerful enough to cope around built up areas. I might try a burner. I do 60miles per day and have it scanning most of the time so I am surprised how much chat I don’t pick up.
Not sure how to ground it as I heard people talk of this.
Any advice from more experience people would be greatly appreciated.


