From South West Cornwall. UK
Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 11:03 am
Hi everyone my name is Jules. I live in South West Cornwall UK. Nearly retired and looking for some new hobbies and interests. I already have a keen interest in listening to Ham Radio and enjoying using my TRIO R600 HF.
I was wondering what CB Radio was like now before investing in something like a Super Star 3900 base station. I wont be using it for mobile use. I had a CB set a long time back so there is lots to remember learn and I enjoy making electronics and learning through experimentation.
I found this forum and it seemed a great place to get some basic knowledge and find the best operating etiquette. All advice gratefully received.
Thank you Jules (Mistyday)
I was wondering what CB Radio was like now before investing in something like a Super Star 3900 base station. I wont be using it for mobile use. I had a CB set a long time back so there is lots to remember learn and I enjoy making electronics and learning through experimentation.
I found this forum and it seemed a great place to get some basic knowledge and find the best operating etiquette. All advice gratefully received.
Thank you Jules (Mistyday)