Page 1 of 1

Want a laugh?

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:52 am
by gaspipe58
Just been looking at the website of that wellknown holiday camp and electronic supplier. Got a bit distracted and found they stock the Midland 78 plus. OK, well done. So I started to read the FAQs.

Q) does this item transmit on Am, Fm or both and what is the frequency range in Mhz - paddy
A) FM only - am transmissions are illegal in the UK

Ok fair enough. But a bit further down we find -

Q) picture shows am/fm switch, does this switch work. - skillfact
A) Yes it does.

So what exactly does this switch do? I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy from this supplier :-B

Tim

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm
by colsa
I think that switch changes the rig to the other 40 channels, thats what the fm/am switch does on mine.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:48 pm
by Guzzy
Erm, guys...

The Midland 78 Plus Multi IS capable of AM operation...

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/alan_78_multi.htm

It's a multi mode/channel radio that you can set to the appropriate country setting for the country you are operating in.

If you happen to be in France, Germany, Italy or Spain you CAN use it on AM (legally....).

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:30 pm
by gaspipe58
I thought so.....Thunderpole is more than just a forum :wink: That's why I found the FAQ so entertaining.

Tim

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:26 am
by stampman
if you use it in the uk then the am/fm switch is ukfm / midband fm


:D :D :D :D :D :D