Search found 7 matches
- Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:31 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Best Rig...Ever
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10827
Re: Best Rig...Ever
Loved my old Rotel 240, but it seems to have stopped working. It never seemed to pick up interference from my electric windows or wipers or anything, unlike some of the newer sets.
- Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: How busy is your area???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8402
Re: How busy is your area???
Aberdeen - pretty much dead most of the time. Sometimes some truck drivers on but most of the time nothing but static.
- Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4097
Re: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
Hi Teflon/Sidewinder, I stay in Danestone but work in Altens (Oh my god, how on earth did I manage to organise that so badly???)
I'm normally seen in a silver disco with a thorobred Z27 on top. Or occasionally sat outside the house with the 9 foot tank whip fitted to it.
commuting is normaly ...
I'm normally seen in a silver disco with a thorobred Z27 on top. Or occasionally sat outside the house with the 9 foot tank whip fitted to it.
commuting is normaly ...
- Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4097
Re: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
New Midland 248 has both, so best of both worlds. I have found in the morning some eastern europeans on EU ch19, and there's a German guy (can't hear the other side of the conversation) normally on ch31 most evenings.
There are some odd channels on it that don't appear in the handbook though - It ...
There are some odd channels on it that don't appear in the handbook though - It ...
- Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: SWR irritation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1680
SWR irritation
Hi All,
Sorry if this posts twice - my laptop power failed just as I hit post last time.
I have a springer antenna which I cannot get a decent SWR reading on. The best I have so far is (IIRC) 1:2.8 on UK.CH40 and 1:3.5 on UK.CH1.
I thought my whole setup must be a bit wonky, so checked with the ...
Sorry if this posts twice - my laptop power failed just as I hit post last time.
I have a springer antenna which I cannot get a decent SWR reading on. The best I have so far is (IIRC) 1:2.8 on UK.CH40 and 1:3.5 on UK.CH1.
I thought my whole setup must be a bit wonky, so checked with the ...
- Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4097
Re: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
They are indeed EU only - marked up 'PR27GB' and 'CEPT NL'
Even the user manual lists all the channels as being from 26.965MHz to 27.405MHz.
Not many going about I suspect and I now have a fair few. They'll not go to waste though.
Even the user manual lists all the channels as being from 26.965MHz to 27.405MHz.
Not many going about I suspect and I now have a fair few. They'll not go to waste though.
- Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:47 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Fit Likey from Aberdeen
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4097
Fit Likey from Aberdeen
Hi all,
New to the forum, but used to use CB a fair bit back in the early 90's, got a few rigs from work that were being thrown out and have rekindled my interest in radio - to the point where as soon as I have some free time I am going to go for my amateur licence(s) as well - it seems to be a ...
New to the forum, but used to use CB a fair bit back in the early 90's, got a few rigs from work that were being thrown out and have rekindled my interest in radio - to the point where as soon as I have some free time I am going to go for my amateur licence(s) as well - it seems to be a ...
