Fit Likey from Aberdeen

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
procee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

Hi all,

New to the forum, but used to use CB a fair bit back in the early 90's, got a few rigs from work that were being thrown out and have rekindled my interest in radio - to the point where as soon as I have some free time I am going to go for my amateur licence(s) as well - it seems to be a dying art among the youth nowadays (God I sound old).

In Aberdeen normally, using a mobile rig in my Discovery, which as it turns out is slightly roblematic as the old rigs I got from work are all Midland 77-104 units with EU frequencies only. New midland 248XL coming this week hopefully. At least it explains why the only people I've been hearing are Spanish / German / Polish this past few days. I was beginning to wonder if CB was dead in the uk (doh!).
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

77-104 are uk freq sets unless they have been altered

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Firstly welcome to the Thunderpole forum :D

Secondly, I think there were a few CEPT 77-104's knocking about back in the day Stampman. In fact we recently seen one in our workshop!

So if they say CEPT on them anywhere you are correct, they are 40 channel EU only :(

Andy :wink:
procee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

They are indeed EU only - marked up 'PR27GB' and 'CEPT NL'

Even the user manual lists all the channels as being from 26.965MHz to 27.405MHz.

Not many going about I suspect and I now have a fair few. They'll not go to waste though.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

wonder if they were made for the netherlands then never seen one over here


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Yeah that could be a possibility, I don't think many made it over here...
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

welcome *King*
needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

Hi,Dont neglect the EU band!...What you dont find on uk fm may well be on EU..Most continentals speak good english ! :)
procee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

New Midland 248 has both, so best of both worlds. I have found in the morning some eastern europeans on EU ch19, and there's a German guy (can't hear the other side of the conversation) normally on ch31 most evenings.

There are some odd channels on it that don't appear in the handbook though - It came set for EC only, so used the manual to get into the menu and set it for 'UK' (80 channels total 4W FM) but when scrolling through there are Px, RU, PO and SW?

No idea what they are (when I was on the box before I had a Rotel RVC-240). Any ideas?
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Export bands... Polish, Russian and Swedish.

Andy :wink:
Teflon
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:40 pm
CB Handle: Sidewinder

Hi breaker. Where abouts in aberdeen are you based??? Am Steve (sidewinder) am in Aberdeen mostly every day for work but my home 20 is Mintlaw. We have a small group on uk31 which a few of us are on mostly every day.
procee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Teflon/Sidewinder, I stay in Danestone but work in Altens (Oh my god, how on earth did I manage to organise that so badly???)

I'm normally seen in a silver disco with a thorobred Z27 on top. Or occasionally sat outside the house with the 9 foot tank whip fitted to it.

commuting is normaly between 0715 and 0830 then again 1645 - 1830.

All I seem to pick up at the moment are folk in Eastern Europe.
Teflon
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:40 pm
CB Handle: Sidewinder

I know danestone very well i use to stay in aberdeen about 3 years ago.

I haven't seen you about yet but some times depending on my shift i might get you. (Oh by the way i had a 9' tank whip on my car about 9 years ago - what a nightmare!

My handle is sidewinder, teflon is just a user name buddy.
Post Reply