Search found 4 matches

by poochlips
Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 am
Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
Topic: Antron / Solarcon A99 - Grounding query, is it required?
Replies: 5
Views: 22800

Re: Antron / Solarcon A99 - Grounding query, is it required?

So no requirement for an earth rod down from the bracket/pole into the ground?
by poochlips
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm
Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
Topic: Antron / Solarcon A99 - Grounding query, is it required?
Replies: 5
Views: 22800

Antron / Solarcon A99 - Grounding query, is it required?

Hello, I recently had one of these fitted on the side of the house on a pole. The base of the antenna starts at the roof roof/apex of my house. I understand the A99 is mainly fibreglass, does this need to be grounded? It is currently connected to my Alinco DX-SR9.
by poochlips
Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:24 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Midland 98 Plus Scan Mode Stops
Replies: 1
Views: 1787

Re: Midland 98 Plus Scan Mode Stops

Use the squelch until you cannot hear anything, just on the verge and then hit scan.
by poochlips
Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:10 pm
Forum: Homebase CB Users
Topic: Anyone From The Basildon/Stanford-Le-Hope Erea?
Replies: 6
Views: 18151

Re: Anyone From The Basildon/Stanford-Le-Hope Erea?

Hi there, I am based in Hockley and can just about pick this up on channel 25. Very new to CB, I am getting an SWR reading of about 1.8 so I am not sure if this is sufficient.