Midland 98 Plus Scan Mode Stops

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
User avatar
Daedalus
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi All!
I have a Midland 98 Plus that I've decided to start using again.
When I select Scan the radio will scan through the 40 Channels then stop on the Last used channel.
So will Scan from eg. Ch18 through to Ch18 and stop. 'Scan' will then disappear from the display. ::-()
Surely it should continue to scan through the channels until a Carrier is received?
I'm sure the radio has continuous scan but its been too long to remember.
A good Google hasn't given me any ideas on a reset combination ect :(
HARRIER - CBX ---quality CB built on the famous Cyberrnet 134AOX board.

'Breaker One-Nine, what's your 20? I Hammer'd Down on the A3
I eyeballed a Kojak with a Kodak so I pulled in behind a Suicide Jockey.'
poochlips
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Use the squelch until you cannot hear anything, just on the verge and then hit scan.
Post Reply