Or at least that's the plan, my 5/8 thunderpole is a fantastic antenna but she's a bit bent from catching it on my soffits a few times as she was originally put up and down as I used it.
Now it's permanently fixed on t&k brackets I can't stand seeing it flopping to one side and straightening it is ...
Search found 21 matches
- Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:46 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Upgrading the thunderpole 5/8 to the thunderpole 5
- Replies: 1
- Views: 17156
- Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:20 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Strengthening a vertical thunderpole 5/8
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18868
Re: Strengthening a vertical thunderpole 5/8
Update.
It doesn't matter, I installed the plastic coated metal tubes inside the antenna and the swr stayed the same. Magic. I had the ultimate 1.0 swr.
Pushing my luck I took my thunderpole off it's temporary mounting and fitted it on t and k brackets on the side of my garage on a 3m pole ...
It doesn't matter, I installed the plastic coated metal tubes inside the antenna and the swr stayed the same. Magic. I had the ultimate 1.0 swr.
Pushing my luck I took my thunderpole off it's temporary mounting and fitted it on t and k brackets on the side of my garage on a 3m pole ...
- Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:34 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Strengthening a vertical thunderpole 5/8
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18868
Strengthening a vertical thunderpole 5/8
Hi guys, I'm about to put my thunderpole 5/8 up permanently on some t and k brackets but before I do I thought I should do the bamboo internal support mod to limit bending.
I picked up some plastic bamboo sticks to insert them then I realised they were plastic covered steel, do you think this will ...
I picked up some plastic bamboo sticks to insert them then I realised they were plastic covered steel, do you think this will ...
- Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:13 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Team euro 3100 repairs
- Replies: 0
- Views: 20137
Team euro 3100 repairs
Hi all, can anyone recommend a good cb repairer? I have the above cb that is in need of some attention, I'm in Wales but I'm happy to post.
Cheers
Mike
Cheers
Mike
- Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:36 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: So i acquired a new old stock superstar 3900
- Replies: 0
- Views: 20828
So i acquired a new old stock superstar 3900
If I'm not allowed to discuss off brand please delete this Andy with my apologies.
At a car boot sale today i picked up a brand new old stock superstar 3900, for £40 i couldn't leave it.
I took it home and plugged it in, it works great, but I've a lot to learn about frequencies and it would seem ...
At a car boot sale today i picked up a brand new old stock superstar 3900, for £40 i couldn't leave it.
I took it home and plugged it in, it works great, but I've a lot to learn about frequencies and it would seem ...
- Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:16 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: T800 frequency bands
- Replies: 4
- Views: 17606
Re: T800 frequency bands
Thanks Andy, that helps, so is there anything on those channels or are they to legally be avoided?
Thanks again
Thanks again
- Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: T800 frequency bands
- Replies: 4
- Views: 17606
T800 frequency bands
Hi Andy and the rest of you lovely breakers.
I see a video about changing the bands with the volume button etc, are they different channels to the standard am and fm?
I see a video about changing the bands with the volume button etc, are they different channels to the standard am and fm?
- Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:26 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Back with a passion
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19804
Re: Back with a passion
Well after a couple of nights chasing the swr i decided the 2 week old swr meter from Amazon was faulty. Picked up a crt one from eBay instead, identical in its buttons.
That was it, as soon as i plugged it it the swr was 1.1 through all channels. Bamboo now inside the antenna and it's working ...
That was it, as soon as i plugged it it the swr was 1.1 through all channels. Bamboo now inside the antenna and it's working ...
- Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:51 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Back with a passion
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19804
Re: Back with a passion
Well Andy, everyone else, I've created a problem. I tried to install some bamboo inside the poles to limit the bend, it didn't go to plan.
The bamboo went in fine but as soon as i put it back together my swr went up to 1.5 on channels 1 and 40. I can't get it back down to 1.1
I've taken the bamboo ...
The bamboo went in fine but as soon as i put it back together my swr went up to 1.5 on channels 1 and 40. I can't get it back down to 1.1
I've taken the bamboo ...
- Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:51 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hi there breakers..
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2671
Hi there breakers..
I'm the GasMan from South Wales, been lurking for a while but thought i should say hi to you all.
I used to cb back in the day, 80s and 90s but then internet and phones took over.
My gf (wife now) used to have a cb in her bedroom and i would chat with her when i was in my van between repairs. (Gas ...
I used to cb back in the day, 80s and 90s but then internet and phones took over.
My gf (wife now) used to have a cb in her bedroom and i would chat with her when i was in my van between repairs. (Gas ...
- Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Back with a passion
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19804
Re: Back with a passion
Thanks again Andy, the 5/8 arrived nice and early so after work i got to it.
The pen marks on the poles gave me an instant 1.1 on the swr meter, faultless, i didn't even have to adjust it once.
I got some good copies from a good few miles away so was happy with that.
My son then started nagging ...
The pen marks on the poles gave me an instant 1.1 on the swr meter, faultless, i didn't even have to adjust it once.
I got some good copies from a good few miles away so was happy with that.
My son then started nagging ...
- Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:32 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Back with a passion
- Replies: 6
- Views: 19804
Back with a passion
So it's been over 4 years since Andy helped me with my dipole. Things came and went but in the back of my mind was the aching to get back into cb
After much debate and thought i now have the t800 thunderpole rig, it's a great piece of kit, i obviously haven't tuned it up.😆
My dipole was doing ...
After much debate and thought i now have the t800 thunderpole rig, it's a great piece of kit, i obviously haven't tuned it up.😆
My dipole was doing ...
- Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 30037
Re: Getting back into it...
I have been thinking about "bigger is better" when it comes to my antenna, i know my old silver rod back in the day kicked ass so it think i might go back down that route, but on a hinge.
My thoughts are this, my CB is only on when i am working in my garage/ workshop so i am thinking of fabricating ...
My thoughts are this, my CB is only on when i am working in my garage/ workshop so i am thinking of fabricating ...
- Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:02 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 30037
Re: Getting back into it...
Thanks for the heads up stampman.
- Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:07 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 30037
Re: Getting back into it...
Thanks Andy, I think I need to start paying you as you have helped me so much.😙
The frequencies confuse me though, I understand that "Muppet 40" and mid block 40 are both FM, I see the rigs with AM as well, does anyone use AM? I really like the CRT rigs and need to find a way of justifying it to ...
The frequencies confuse me though, I understand that "Muppet 40" and mid block 40 are both FM, I see the rigs with AM as well, does anyone use AM? I really like the CRT rigs and need to find a way of justifying it to ...
