Search found 5 matches

by Home Guard
Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Forum: Amateur Radio
Topic: Getting started in Amateur Radio.
Replies: 12
Views: 22786

Re: Getting started in Amateur Radio.

I'm in North Norfolk.

I was thinking about using 2m as the equipment seems to cheaper and widely available.

I'm not sure on the other bands. I know nothing of HAM.

Thanks :D
by Home Guard
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:58 pm
Forum: Amateur Radio
Topic: Getting started in Amateur Radio.
Replies: 12
Views: 22786

Getting started in Amateur Radio.

Hello,

I've been using my scanner to recieve conversations from a local radio club and I was thinking of getting started in the hobby itself.
I've researched the club and they offer the foundation course, etc.

But before I go any deeper and book a course I was wondering how much it would cost for ...
by Home Guard
Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 am
Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
Topic: Wire homebase antenna
Replies: 2
Views: 4465

Wire homebase antenna

Hi,

I've heard of people on HAM bands using wire antennas stretched across there fence or roof, I was just wondering why it isnt so popular in CB?

And how would I go about contructing one of these?

Thankyou. :D
by Home Guard
Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Finding someone to talk to?
Replies: 2
Views: 1787

Finding someone to talk to?

This might sound a silly question, but how do I find someone to talk to?

All I can pick up is farmers, and they dont want to chat to me.

Sorry, for the newb'ish question.
by Home Guard
Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi from North Norfolk
Replies: 4
Views: 2105

Hi from North Norfolk

Hi there, have had a couple of old CB sets in the garage for a while and couldnt get them to work. Recently bought a homebase setup hoping to get on the airwaves.
Set up the antenna, swr'd it, earthed it, its a 5/8 wave hi-gain and the radio is a midland 248xl.

Problem is, i cant recieve much, and ...