channel 19 calling

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
pda
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

as the title says.............................

I'm new to cb's now I think I know the basics its just............

on my daily drive to work I leave my cb on channel 19.

now what is the best calling sentence, is it ... "19 for a copy" or "19 for a roger" or "breaker breaker 19" I'm calling but no ones out there :shock:


cheers Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god..........................then brake...........................
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

any one there knock once nobody there knock twice



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

19 for a tumble weed :lol:

your shouting out the correct speel prob no one out there
harryhedgehog
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi pda,

will you be at the OLLR OED this weekend, all being well my cb should arrived tomorrow so I'll need some tips :D

HHH
pda
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

harryhedgehog wrote:Hi pda,

will you be at the OLLR OED this weekend, all being well my cb should arrived tomorrow so I'll need some tips :D

HHH

no sorry not going

Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.........................then brake.............................
User avatar
Daedalus
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

19 for a rig check is the one I've always used to flush other users out- and always get the same reply: 'Yeah- Your working' and that's it not much of a conversation is it?
I have found that not many people want to talk these days so its better leaving the radio on scan, then when I find a conversation going on I 'Break Channel', introduce my self, then ask if i can But In :D
HARRIER - CBX ---quality CB built on the famous Cyberrnet 134AOX board.

'Breaker One-Nine, what's your 20? I Hammer'd Down on the A3
I eyeballed a Kojak with a Kodak so I pulled in behind a Suicide Jockey.'
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

yh same dose any one no what on the side means coz i was on channle 35 listen to trukers and a man said on the side breaker and then the truckers where saying fu*k off you b*ll end and nasty languge any i dears #-o
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

trucker having a bad day load refused or had a run in with the wheel tappers

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
hotmetal1000
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

on the side means your listening in on the conversation but not adding anything to it, also known as sandbagging although a sandbagger is more a person listening and haven't even annouced their presence.
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

thanks :D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
WOODY R
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm

If you had said breaker on the side, they would have been ok, as you are joining in, but just listening probably did not go down well. I was a trucker for over 20 years.

we down we gone
mr p!e
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

I use: 19 for a rig check, I called out this evening but nothing.... nowt.

in the good old days it was packed wall to wall.....The CB age was golden and I do miss it. I would stay up all night chatting loads of ladies who would talk for ages , nothing new there i hear you say!. good luck and keep calling.

P.S I think CBs need a kick starts again. :^o
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

yeh it dose
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Problem is most people today don't seem to have heard of CB. I've tried to get friends interested but they just look blank. I can't demonstrate cos there's no one on round here. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Tim
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

same here
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Post Reply