hi all new bloke here
dont yawn
i am trying to find a swr/power meter that would fit the jack plug in the back of my midland excel i think it is a 3.5 mm jack plug , the only ones i have ever known use pl type conectors ,
i have looked everywhere , do they exist ??
all the best
did
swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????
-
ChrisJCartwright
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:10 pm
- CB Handle: 26-WY-193
Rustynail - Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire
Hey
I agree with you, The only SWR/Power & Matcher metres i have heard of have Pl plugs.
Chris
I agree with you, The only SWR/Power & Matcher metres i have heard of have Pl plugs.
Chris
Name: Chris
Handle: Rustynail
26 = WhiskeyYankie = 193
Channel: Fm- 19
SideBand- 33
Location: Halifax, WestYorkshire
Handle: Rustynail
26 = WhiskeyYankie = 193
Channel: Fm- 19
SideBand- 33
Location: Halifax, WestYorkshire
- Firetrap
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 pm
- CB Handle: FireTrap 26CT100
- Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Contact:
I agree!stampman wrote:there is one on the market will have to see if thunderpole will sorce one but seem a lot of expense to get a specialist one when the std oneswill do
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Stick to the standard ones!
-
hotmetal1000
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
- Location: Queensland, Australia
I have a LDG one here that suits the Yaesu FT897-D radio, worth $89aus and indicates RF power output, SWR, modulation, ALC action and supply voltage on transmit.
I didn't buy it, it come with the radio, is it worth it? I didn't think so, sits on the shelf doing nothing now.
I didn't buy it, it come with the radio, is it worth it? I didn't think so, sits on the shelf doing nothing now.
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
The socket you are talking about is not for an SWR meter, it is for a signal meter that shows receive signal strength. They are on most new rigs and are normally marked 's.meter'.
Thunderpole have looked at importing them but they work out very expensive, and most new rigs are equipped with an on screen signal meter anyway...
Andy
Thunderpole have looked at importing them but they work out very expensive, and most new rigs are equipped with an on screen signal meter anyway...
Andy
I had a rig with the infamous Socket for a Plug-in-S-Meter at one time and, out of curiosity, I tried to find where to buy a meter to plug into it.
After many and various fruitless searches on the 'net I pretty much gave up.
The only time I ever actually saw such a meter for sale was on That-Auction-Site about two or three months ago (after I'd parted with the CB that had the socket). I very nearly bought it just as a rarity but decided that buying a meter that [a] I didn't have a CB to plug it into and didn't do anything more than any built-in meter does anyway - was a bit pointless. I've still never seen one for sale, retail, anywhere
After many and various fruitless searches on the 'net I pretty much gave up.
The only time I ever actually saw such a meter for sale was on That-Auction-Site about two or three months ago (after I'd parted with the CB that had the socket). I very nearly bought it just as a rarity but decided that buying a meter that [a] I didn't have a CB to plug it into and didn't do anything more than any built-in meter does anyway - was a bit pointless. I've still never seen one for sale, retail, anywhere

