Antenna v Roof Box...?

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
User avatar
TheJester
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 pm
CB Handle: The Jester
Location: Preston, Lancashire

How much would a roof box affect the performance of my orbitor antenna. The antenna is located on the roof towards the back of the vehicle and the roof box is...well on the roof !

Cheers,

Jester... *King*
HANDLE : The Jester
Image
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

i would say a bit as it blocks the signal but not to bad
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Iv'e used a roof box next to my Antenna in the past, on a magmount near the back of the car and I found the S.W.R. was hardly affected at all, so you should be ok.
MotorhomeMatt
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:14 pm
CB Handle: Turtle
Location: Nairnshire, Scotland.

I have a Wilson 1000 (drilled thru roof mount) right next to the roofbox on my Ford Ka. The antenna sits about 13" away from the edge of the box. I checked the SWR before and after, and only had a 0:2 difference.

I think that might change radically if I were to start carrying metal items in the box, but as it is now, it is OK.
Home is where you park it!!
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

should not affect it realy but there is alwaays one


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply