Just wanted to drop a quick line to say hi from Plymouth.
I was looking for some information with regard to repairing an old hand held rig I recently aquired and stummbled across this forum. I haven't used CB in ages and am really looking forward to getting back into it once I actually have a functioning setup.
looking forward to getting a copy in the future.
Regards
Pete
Hi
-
hobgobblin
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 239
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm
- CB Handle: Hobgobblin
- Location: Isle of Bute
Hello....Good luck with the handheld - what make/model is it? I got back into CB again since I moved up here and it has led to me scanning, swl-ing and all-sorts and now I'm a licenced radio ham and talk nationwide and worlwide with as little as 300 milliwatts! Have fun mate!! 
HOBGOBBLIN
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
-
peter_winkley
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Funnily enough I have been thinking about going for my foundation licence as well.
The hand-held is a realistic trc-1005, I have been working on it today. Fixed a few obvious problems and its deff receiving, just about managed to pick up some chatter earlier but I haven't got any way of testing the transmission without getting a copy so will have to wait on that.
Pete
Funnily enough I have been thinking about going for my foundation licence as well.
The hand-held is a realistic trc-1005, I have been working on it today. Fixed a few obvious problems and its deff receiving, just about managed to pick up some chatter earlier but I haven't got any way of testing the transmission without getting a copy so will have to wait on that.
Pete
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
hi and welcome
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
