Evening all
Have fitted a TTi TCB880 radio in my truck today, having slight problems with the volume on it. It seems to range from extremely quiet (at just past the on position) to quiet (turned fully clockwise) this is also the same if i have an extension speaker attached. Any ideas for somehow getting this so its at an audiable level?
Cheers
TTi TCB880 volume
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
had a play around with the squelch dial, no change in actual volume but can hear interference when the squelch is turned down but it is still v.quiet, i.e. can only hear with engine off. have had a quick look through the manual and nothing about an auto squelch.
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
Is there a selectable 12/24V inside the unit? have got it wired straight into the main cd player/radio wiring. so running minimum 12V running through it.
Dont think i have for another substitute mic, but will have a look to see what plug the mic off the old cb has on it.
Dont think i have for another substitute mic, but will have a look to see what plug the mic off the old cb has on it.
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS, bit confused as the last 2 cb's worked fine in there, so thinking it more something to do with the radio that the truck
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
been having quite a few problems myself with the latest CBs that are coming out.
In the tractors, the volume coming out is just rubbish.... (can't hear much at all, by the time tractor is revving flat out and stereo on above that, the CB needs to be fairly loud)
Have to use an amplified speaker.
Or my old midland 98 seems to have a lot of volume.
Other thing is the modulation is set fairly low on new rigs these days, so when people talk to you on a newer rig that hasn't been turned up you haven't got a hope in hells chance of hearing them at all.
I think they are cutting corners on the output volumes these days. OK for homebase use... but that's about it.
Chris
In the tractors, the volume coming out is just rubbish.... (can't hear much at all, by the time tractor is revving flat out and stereo on above that, the CB needs to be fairly loud)
Have to use an amplified speaker.
Or my old midland 98 seems to have a lot of volume.
Other thing is the modulation is set fairly low on new rigs these days, so when people talk to you on a newer rig that hasn't been turned up you haven't got a hope in hells chance of hearing them at all.
I think they are cutting corners on the output volumes these days. OK for homebase use... but that's about it.
Chris
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
Thought it might be, was seeing what people who knew more about the radios thought. Guess thats one for andy then 
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
-
Dalai_Farmer
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:15 pm
I have the same problem with this unit. I have it installed it in my Disco and it was working fine, but the other day it went into whisper mode and the up/down buttons on the mike have stopped working (but the Lock button on the mic is working fine???).
Off to the local CB shop and see what they say. I will let you know if it is an easy fix...
Off to the local CB shop and see what they say. I will let you know if it is an easy fix...
-
Dalai_Farmer
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:15 pm
Right. After a visit to the local Radio Shop, the problems I have had seem to point to one problem; the unit is kaput. The sound is in whisper mode, the up/down buttons on the mic are no longer working, and I cannot hear anything on any channel when using the UK frequencies (but I can hear some French people when in the EU frequency mode).
I have now purchased a new unit (a Thunderpole one, per chance...) and it is working fine. I do miss the channel selections on the mic and some of the other features of the TTI, so I may look into getting it fixed at some point, but these are things I can live without for a while...
I will keep you updated if there are further developments in the case...
I have now purchased a new unit (a Thunderpole one, per chance...) and it is working fine. I do miss the channel selections on the mic and some of the other features of the TTI, so I may look into getting it fixed at some point, but these are things I can live without for a while...
I will keep you updated if there are further developments in the case...


