New to CB's

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
sean2476
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
CB Handle: Puggered
Location: Livingston, West Lothian

Hi guys, my name is Sean and I have just bought my first CB radio (Intek M490 starter kit) for my mini from Thunderpole. I have never had a CB before so this is all new to me and I hope to pick up some hints and tips from here!

Cheers, Sean
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Sean and welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of friendly peeps on here that should be able to give you whatever info you need... :D

Andy :wink:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
sean2476
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
CB Handle: Puggered
Location: Livingston, West Lothian

Thanks guys! I received my CB radio today from thunderpole.co.uk and now looking forward to rigging it up :P I can totally recommend anyone from ordering from thunderpole as the delivery was very well wrapped and it arrived the very next day!

Best wishes,

Sean
fusil56300
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Bonjour from the only geordie in the village. :lol: :lol: :lol:
landy1uk
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Welcome
User avatar
dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am
CB Handle: Doug!
Location: Guildford Surrey

hello mate how are you doing with your cb set up? have you got it going yet?
sean2476
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
CB Handle: Puggered
Location: Livingston, West Lothian

Hi Guys, I'm doing good with the rig. I've set it up in my mini and have heard a few people talking but haven't spoke to anyone yet because I don't really know what to say on the thing lol
User avatar
dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am
CB Handle: Doug!
Location: Guildford Surrey

lol! well to start off with you could go out in the car and get up high on a hill and ask for a radio check to make sure you are transmitting properly, and to check the speech through the mike. you`ll get the hang of it! before you know it ule be like an extra on convoy!
sean2476
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
CB Handle: Puggered
Location: Livingston, West Lothian

Hi dc4, I have spoken lol. I did what you said and asked for a radio check/call back on channel 19. Within seconds a guy came through, introduced himself and told me when my mic was loud and clear! I'm now looking forward to chatting to more people on the radio :P :lol:
User avatar
dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am
CB Handle: Doug!
Location: Guildford Surrey

sean2476 wrote:Hi dc4, I have spoken lol. I did what you said and asked for a radio check/call back on channel 19. Within seconds a guy came through, introduced himself and told me when my mic was loud and clear! I'm now looking forward to chatting to more people on the radio :P :lol:
excellent! next thing is try getting locations and seeing how far you get out!
sean2476
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
CB Handle: Puggered
Location: Livingston, West Lothian

I have picked up one guy who is local and the furthest so far has been just over 10 miles away :D Over the weekend I will try and get high up and see who I can pick up and get a location from them!
Post Reply