Was trying to get my mobile CB set up again, and I cant get a low SWR reading, Its all 10+ from Ch1 to CH40. No matter ho much I raise the Antenna.
Ive tried lowering the antenna that came with the CB with no joy, and its much the same with the Orbiter HD Centre load.
As Im a total newbie on this is there anything I have missed?
Is there any where close by ho can sort it?
Cobra 19DX IV EU
5 inch mag mount (mounted on roof)
Thanks
Dom
Cant get no decent SWR reading
-
UnderCover Runner
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm
- CB Handle: UnderCover Runner
- Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Work, Sleep, Work, Sleep, Work, Sleep, Day off, lounge around, Sleep, work, sleep.
10:1 sounds like a cable short.
Check the PL259 plug is soldered to the coax correctly and that there is no shorting occurring between core and shield.
Check the coax goes into the antenna base correctly, sometimes these can be pulled out a bit and then short or lose connection.
Check the PL259 plug is soldered to the coax correctly and that there is no shorting occurring between core and shield.
Check the coax goes into the antenna base correctly, sometimes these can be pulled out a bit and then short or lose connection.
-
UnderCover Runner
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm
- CB Handle: UnderCover Runner
- Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Checked the connection on the cable that I use for the SWR meter to the CB and the connection has split. So Im gonna get a cheap soldering iron and try n fix it.
Couldnt check the coax to the antenna base as its moulded!
At least I know what Im looking for no
Thanks
Couldnt check the coax to the antenna base as its moulded!
At least I know what Im looking for no
Thanks
Work, Sleep, Work, Sleep, Work, Sleep, Day off, lounge around, Sleep, work, sleep.
-
Strumalong
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:24 pm
You need to check continuity with a meter. This will tell you if there is a short or open cerci it any where


