I bought a Polmar Venus a few months ago and was wondering if there are any know faults with this system. I have it fitted to a Land Rover Discovery 2, and on the last 2 times off-roading (both in the last month), I have had issues where it doesn’t pick up anything, or the signal is really distorted.
On a run last Sunday there were 2 vehicles directly in front of me with cb’s. Initially I wasn’t getting anything when they were transmitting, then it became a slight signal that was unreadable due to interference. AtT this time I was unable to transmit anything. Then suddenly, after about 30 mins, the signal became clear and I was able to hear and transmit clearly.
I have since carried out a factory re-set and it appears to be working, but it was already working at that point. I have checked all the connections and they are all good. I have also checked with an SWR meter and the transmit reading is just above 1.5.
Any ideas?
Polmar Venus
- PGTips
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 7:24 pm
- CB Handle: PGTips
- Location: Broxburn, West Lothian, Scotland
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to get round that - other than dropping back? The 2 cars in front were much the same distance apart as I was and they tell me that they had no trouble with their radio's. I was parked along side one of the other vehicles later on and my radio worked fine at that time...
-
Vuck Roger
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm
Know this is an older post, but I just purchased a POLMAR Venus and have the same exact issues.
I is this going for you and what antenna are you running?
Thanks!
Hugo
I is this going for you and what antenna are you running?
Thanks!
Hugo




