Hi
New on here and not read anything that helps.
I have just wired up my rig in 110 Defender, I have a SWR meter but not being techy, can't make head nor tail of the readings.
Watched hours of youtube and nothing seems to work or look like my SWR meter. Cut a bit oiff my antenna but do want to cut anymore for fear of ruining it.
This is a shout out to anyone between Leeds/York/Harrogate that knows how to SWR up a cb in a Landrover. Its all fitted just cant hear anyone and don't even know if its working!!
I'll come to you and prepared to pay.
Help please
Chilli
Private msge me on here if you can help
Many thanks
SWR Issues Landrover Defender
Thanks guys,
The SWR meter is a RAMA SW-003, will post a pic later. An Ebay bargain lol
The ariel is fitted in the typical landrover rear roof quarter panel position but I do have a roof rack (if it is touching the roof rack would this be a bad thing?).
I do have concerns about a good earth, but how would I know if its a "good earth"? The roof is ally and the Ariel came with a backing plate especially for Landrovers presumably to assist with this.
Basically the SWR meter has a PWR and SWR switch with a dial for FWD and whatever the opposite is (cant remember) calibration.
I have wired the SWR meter in correctly, when selected Power and key the mike the Dial goes off the scale. When I switch to SWR and do same it goes off the scale although by twiddling the dial I can set the needle to anywhere... When switched to PWR no amount of twiddling will move the needle.
I can't hear modulation on any channel regardless of twdiddling the squelch either direction.
Apols for sound so vague, what I thought appeared to a be a simple wire up has clearly exhausted my technical ability.
Frustrated...
Chilli
The SWR meter is a RAMA SW-003, will post a pic later. An Ebay bargain lol
The ariel is fitted in the typical landrover rear roof quarter panel position but I do have a roof rack (if it is touching the roof rack would this be a bad thing?).
I do have concerns about a good earth, but how would I know if its a "good earth"? The roof is ally and the Ariel came with a backing plate especially for Landrovers presumably to assist with this.
Basically the SWR meter has a PWR and SWR switch with a dial for FWD and whatever the opposite is (cant remember) calibration.
I have wired the SWR meter in correctly, when selected Power and key the mike the Dial goes off the scale. When I switch to SWR and do same it goes off the scale although by twiddling the dial I can set the needle to anywhere... When switched to PWR no amount of twiddling will move the needle.
I can't hear modulation on any channel regardless of twdiddling the squelch either direction.
Apols for sound so vague, what I thought appeared to a be a simple wire up has clearly exhausted my technical ability.
Frustrated...
Chilli
The calibration dial is push pull so switch to SWR then pull dial out and adjust the needle to the right side of the scale , were it says set SET . then without turning the knob push it back in and key up to read the Reflected .
To read the radios power output switch to power and pull out the dial to read 10 wat scale or push in the dial to read low power output ( .5 of a wat ) if your CB radio has a low power switch .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
To read the radios power output switch to power and pull out the dial to read 10 wat scale or push in the dial to read low power output ( .5 of a wat ) if your CB radio has a low power switch .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



