Just curious, in the 80's and early 90's there used to be a plethora of gargantuan homebase rigs for sale. These things were big enough to qualify as being an item of furniture in their own right.
So what happened to them? Do any manufacturers still make them, or are they a relic of the past, confined to Fleabay and car boot sales?
Whatever happened to the dedicated homebase rigs?
-
Anarchic Dog
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:06 am
That is what i'm running in my Transit right now. A good ol' Audioline one! It's a bit too BIG to put on the dash, so I've slung it behind my drivers seat. Works well and no need for an ex speaker either. 
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
I'm afraid there are just no manufacturers that make them anymore
The last one that we stocked was the Team Euro-8000... http://www.rigpix.com/cbfreeband/team_euro8000.htm
Although I think they stopped production of that around 10 years ago.
It is just too easy (and cheap) to use a mobile rig and power supply now
Andy
The last one that we stocked was the Team Euro-8000... http://www.rigpix.com/cbfreeband/team_euro8000.htm
Although I think they stopped production of that around 10 years ago.
It is just too easy (and cheap) to use a mobile rig and power supply now
Andy
- AppleTree
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
- CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
- Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex
Hmmm that doesn't look very big?andy@thunderpole.co.uk wrote:I'm afraid there are just no manufacturers that make them anymore![]()
The last one that we stocked was the Team Euro-8000... http://www.rigpix.com/cbfreeband/team_euro8000.htm
Although I think they stopped production of that around 10 years ago.
It is just too easy (and cheap) to use a mobile rig and power supply now![]()
Andy


