No TX on my tti 881

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Today I noticed my cb radio a TTi 881 wouldn't transmit. :cry:
The meter didn't go up on the LCD screen. I put a swr meter on and no movement on the needle. It receives ok.
I was messing around with things and took off the mic while it was still on. Would that have damaged it?
Are things like this common with radios and would it be repairable?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D
Thanks
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Do you have a multimeter Ohm meter ,if so put it across pin 3 and 5 of the mic plug and key the mic ,It should show continuity when keyed , If nothing then there is a wire break in the plug . http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/microphone-wiring-tti.html
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Dragonfly wrote:Do you have a multimeter Ohm meter ,if so put it across pin 3 and 5 of the mic plug and key the mic ,It should show continuity when keyed , If nothing then there is a wire break in the plug . http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/microphone-wiring-tti.html
Thanks for the advise. I don't have a ohm meter. I'll get one on eBay. What setting would I have to put it on?
I'll have a look and see if I can solder it.
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Would you know if there are any compatible replacement Mic's for this set?
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yes any mic can be wired for it colin at our sponsers will sort you out


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

We do the original...

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb-microph ... -6pin.html

Or you could just have a standard replacement mic which we can wire to fit....

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb-microph ... phone.html

Andy :wink:
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

I ordered an original mic from Thunderpole :D

I did try and get take the plug off the old one but after taking the screws out it wouldn't go over the the rubber part that the clamp bites onto. If I forced it I thought it would get damaged even more. I'm sure someone knows how to do it though.
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

I got a new mic from Thunderpole in the post yesterday, all working ok now. If I get the old one repaired then I've got a spare.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

good result


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

=D> =D> =D> =D> :D
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

In my (somewhat limited) experience tti's in general suffer this problem....a few of my mates have had the same thing...im on my 3rd repair/new mic.
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Well yesterday I posted another thread regarding low mods. It would seem my brand new tti mic doesn't work properly.
Is there anything could do to return it as faulty?
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Johnny Mac,

Absolutely, the best thing to do is call us on 01604 402403 or email me andy@thunderpole.co.uk and we will sort out a replacement for you.

Andy :wink:
Johnny Mac
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

andy@thunderpole.co.uk wrote:Hi Johnny Mac,

Absolutely, the best thing to do is call us on 01604 402403 or email me andy@thunderpole.co.uk and we will sort out a replacement for you.

Andy :wink:
Ok thanks Andy :D
Post Reply