Waht tyres are you all using?
-
jefarmstrng
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:27 pm
bfg mt's 265/75/16 on my 90 with a 2'' lift there ace!!!!!
I use 7.50x16" old skool tyres on my series landrover.......great sound from them on the road 8) 8)
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.........then brake.............................
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.........then brake.............................
we are using BFG LT225 70/16 all terrain tyre mud & snow on Range Rover Classic we got them in 1998, we transfered them to our latest RRC when the transmission got dodgy on the first range rover it was cheeper to get a newer rrc than start replacing transmision parts.
we dont do many miles maybe 23k in the last 10 years. the tyres still have loads of tread but thinking of changing to cooper SST 235 80/16 MUD Trerrain £112 each fitted.
lots of people recomending them to us and on road performance is supposed to be very good, this is a concern for us as braking & cornering with a 2" lift at speed can be a bit unpredictable having said that since we polybushed it it is much better.
I wanted to get realy wide tyres but aparently this can lead to transmission trouble in extream conditions and mods like wheel spacers & wheel arche extenders are expensive on top of the cost of the tyres.
if yo u like big tyres check out the swamp boggers at devon 4x4.
beware of bronko retreads tho as iv heard thet the luggs can come off at moterway speeds.
we dont do many miles maybe 23k in the last 10 years. the tyres still have loads of tread but thinking of changing to cooper SST 235 80/16 MUD Trerrain £112 each fitted.
lots of people recomending them to us and on road performance is supposed to be very good, this is a concern for us as braking & cornering with a 2" lift at speed can be a bit unpredictable having said that since we polybushed it it is much better.
I wanted to get realy wide tyres but aparently this can lead to transmission trouble in extream conditions and mods like wheel spacers & wheel arche extenders are expensive on top of the cost of the tyres.
if yo u like big tyres check out the swamp boggers at devon 4x4.
beware of bronko retreads tho as iv heard thet the luggs can come off at moterway speeds.
My Mud-plugging Disco, has Kuhmo KL71's, 235/85R16...but needed the camel-cut at the back of the rear wheel...
Excellent off-road....but spins the tyre rather than break a half-shaft, like my mates do with Special-tracks...
Pretty-good on-road too
My Road-Going Disco as General Grabber AT (NOT AT2's that I wanted...but its alls I could get get).
Cant remember the size, but they are a little bigger than the standard fit on Disco2's, so reduce's the engine speed at motorway speeds...Its the biggest tyre-size I could fit & still get the motor in the garage (But I do have to drop the rear air-suspension so get it in..)
Excellent off-road....but spins the tyre rather than break a half-shaft, like my mates do with Special-tracks...
Pretty-good on-road too
My Road-Going Disco as General Grabber AT (NOT AT2's that I wanted...but its alls I could get get).
Cant remember the size, but they are a little bigger than the standard fit on Disco2's, so reduce's the engine speed at motorway speeds...Its the biggest tyre-size I could fit & still get the motor in the garage (But I do have to drop the rear air-suspension so get it in..)
-
fronteratech
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:00 pm
Achilles desert hawk 245 70 16 extra load on lwb
Goodyear wrangler 245/70/16 AT/ SA on the swb
other swb 235 75 15
Goodyear wrangler 245/70/16 AT/ SA on the swb
other swb 235 75 15
Just fitted a new set of Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/16 (33") to my Nissan Patrol, only covered 2000 on them but they have proven themselves in mud and on rocks, they're like a more aggresive all terrain tyre. Previously used 33" General Grabber AT2's and BF Goodrich All Terrains, General Grabbers out performed on and off-road and I got 65,000 miles from them.
Just fancied a change with the Coopers, they've impressed so far and are just as quiet onvthe tarmac as the others....
Cheers
Johnny
Just fancied a change with the Coopers, they've impressed so far and are just as quiet onvthe tarmac as the others....
Cheers
Johnny
I fitted 4 brand new Yokohama Geolanders to my LC. A few weeks later got a puncture in the sidewall in a dry river bed........by a twig!!!
Yes a twig, tried repairs but the sidewalls are so soft it did not hold the insert. There were others with me, none on Yokohama, but a variety of other brands, they covered the same ground and had no problems.
I contacted Yokohama, and was first told it was 'bad luck', told the rep I was not happy about that and it should not happen to an A?T listed tyre. I eventually got the tyre repaired and am using it on road. So he was going to call me back to arrange a tyre shop to take the tyre off and check it out..............never heard any more!
He has my mobile number and my email address, no excuses!!
So, I have a serious reservations about a tyre being called ALL TERRAIN, it should say SOME TERRAIN AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO TWIGS!
And any company whether tyre related or not who does not respond to a customer complaint is not worth a light IMO!!!
regards
Dave
Yes a twig, tried repairs but the sidewalls are so soft it did not hold the insert. There were others with me, none on Yokohama, but a variety of other brands, they covered the same ground and had no problems.
I contacted Yokohama, and was first told it was 'bad luck', told the rep I was not happy about that and it should not happen to an A?T listed tyre. I eventually got the tyre repaired and am using it on road. So he was going to call me back to arrange a tyre shop to take the tyre off and check it out..............never heard any more!
He has my mobile number and my email address, no excuses!!
So, I have a serious reservations about a tyre being called ALL TERRAIN, it should say SOME TERRAIN AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO TWIGS!
And any company whether tyre related or not who does not respond to a customer complaint is not worth a light IMO!!!
regards
Dave

