High swr and only 1 tx light.

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
Ferryman
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi guys.
I have a stabo 3003 in my Scania truck and I fitted a stud mount through the roof and installed a thunder pole orbiter. I cannot get a low swr and for some reason when I key the Mike I only have 1 tx light instead of 4.
I have tried changing the stud mount and coax and even the CB itself but still have the same problem. Looking for some advise please.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

YOU NEED AN SWR METER AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ANTENNA NEEDS SHORTENING BUT YOU CAN ONLY TELL THIS WITH A METER




*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Ferryman
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Ok I have a meter but it doesn't seem very stable. I'm getting a reading of around 3 which I know isn't very good. I can trim the whip if needed. Do you suggest 1/4 inch at a time?
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

if its higher on ch 40 than ch1 it needs shortening and the are plenty post's about swr'ing on the forum




*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex

VSWR is always a problem on lorries because of all the metal behind.
Tippers especially.

Anyway, have you sorted it yet?
You Can Find Me On Channel 19 Usually.
Or 145.500 FM 8-)

My YouTube Channel RustySkull Productions
Post Reply