Hello,
I have a President Grant 2 (not premium) fitted into my Diesel Isuzu D-Max However when on FM or AM when I rev the engine I get a lot of engine noise coming through the radio. On SSB this does not happen. The antenna is roof mounted and has a very good ground plane. I have tried the Midland 78 and Thunderpole TTi and these do not have any problems. Any suggestions? advice please.
Many thanks
Mike
Engine noise on President Grant 2
-
bobthetank
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:29 pm
Hi Mike
how is the power wired up?
direct to batteries and cables routed away from alternator?
is the screen\braid of coax properly grounded and is it quality shielded coax?
I assume the problem is when engine on,right?
reagrds
Rob
how is the power wired up?
direct to batteries and cables routed away from alternator?
is the screen\braid of coax properly grounded and is it quality shielded coax?
I assume the problem is when engine on,right?
reagrds
Rob
- AppleTree
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
- CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
- Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex
Powering from the battery is best, but if you can't then put some ferrite on the power cables to filter out the noise.
You can also buy suppressors to suppress the noise from your car. I find ferrite rings usually fix it though.
Noise can also come down the coax on the outer layer, some ferrite on that will fix that.
You can also buy suppressors to suppress the noise from your car. I find ferrite rings usually fix it though.
Noise can also come down the coax on the outer layer, some ferrite on that will fix that.

