Fitting a PL259 Plug

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
logiesean
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:54 pm
CB Handle: heymun
Location: Auldearn(Nairn)

andy@thunderpole.co.uk wrote:Instructions on fitting a PL259;


1) Strip back the coax and pull back braid over cable

Image

2) Put outer part of plug onto cable then screw inner part over braid

Image

3) Solder end of the pin and trim excess wire

Image

4) It should look like this!

Image
Jeez ....seeing this brings back some very fond memories (yeh yeh ....i need to get out more :mrgreen: )
mcfeat
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Just bought the compression plugs, never done this before. I've soldered the end of the plug but when I put my multi meter on it to test it I'm getting a reading on both the outer and inner pin and a reading on the outer and inner at the same time which I don't think is right if that makes sense. Anyone any pictures of the process step by step please
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

mcfeat wrote:Just bought the compression plugs, never done this before. I've soldered the end of the plug but when I put my multi meter on it to test it I'm getting a reading on both the outer and inner pin and a reading on the outer and inner at the same time which I don't think is right if that makes sense. Anyone any pictures of the process step by step please
try youtube mate *King*
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

easier to use the bsic plugs a tip is to twist the outer shield as well this will tighten up the earth connection side of the pl259 ad you can use a cig lighter to drop a bit of solder on the tip

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply