Want a laugh?

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Just been looking at the website of that wellknown holiday camp and electronic supplier. Got a bit distracted and found they stock the Midland 78 plus. OK, well done. So I started to read the FAQs.

Q) does this item transmit on Am, Fm or both and what is the frequency range in Mhz - paddy
A) FM only - am transmissions are illegal in the UK

Ok fair enough. But a bit further down we find -

Q) picture shows am/fm switch, does this switch work. - skillfact
A) Yes it does.

So what exactly does this switch do? I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy from this supplier :-B

Tim
colsa
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 pm

I think that switch changes the rig to the other 40 channels, thats what the fm/am switch does on mine.
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

Erm, guys...

The Midland 78 Plus Multi IS capable of AM operation...

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/alan_78_multi.htm

It's a multi mode/channel radio that you can set to the appropriate country setting for the country you are operating in.

If you happen to be in France, Germany, Italy or Spain you CAN use it on AM (legally....).
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

I thought so.....Thunderpole is more than just a forum :wink: That's why I found the FAQ so entertaining.

Tim
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

if you use it in the uk then the am/fm switch is ukfm / midband fm


:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply