SWR

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
Poikey
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 25, 2024 10:32 am

Hoiya

Hope some can advise please. Recently installed a President McKinley with a Thunderpole 5/8 Hi Gain Silver rod mounted on chimney of bungalow. Adjusted the aerial to the marks and got a reading of 1.0 on FM. SWR has since started to fluctuate between 1.0 to 1.8, then decided to check on AM, USB & LSB and the SWR is over 3.5.


I assume to check the SWR is on FM channels 1, 20 & 40 then the other band will follow ?

I'm completely new to this set up so be gentle with me please as it's a tad different from what I had back in the 90's!
The road of life is like a fine woman, they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel with care :wink:
Post Reply