Yaesu FT 780 R Antenna

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
Spinacle
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 11:46 am

Hi,
I recently found a Yaesu FT 780 R clearing out a relatives house. It powers up and has a mic, but an antenna was no-where to be found. I have done a google and the prices of some antennas are expensive, and I'm not really sure what is what. As I am just getting back into the hobby and as money is quite tight, can anyone recommend a not so expensive antenna for my truck? Nothing long range? Something that will work in areas close to me to start with if it is cheaper?

Thanks,
Paul
User avatar
Hair Bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi,
From reading your other post, the radio you have isn't a CB on 27mHz. Hopefully someone will confirm but I believe it's a ham type radio (licence required) at 430 - 440 mHz.
If you were wanting to get back into CB, a rig-mount-antenna kit would be £100 ish to get you started.
One person in ten understands binary. The other one doesn't. :wink:
Post Reply