Hi,
I've had my old rig in my wagon for quite a fews now and shes served me well but I think its finally time to send her to CB heaven and go for something a little newer!
Anyone got any advice on which radios are best??
I have approx £100 to spend....
Cheers,
Jeff
Advice Please
- Basilsparents
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
- Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
Anything Midland is very reliable...
I am personally a Midland fan... the midland 38, although basic, is everything you want in a CB...
Depends whether you WANT to spend 100, or 100 is the top limit, as I would recommend a slightly cheaper rig with less features. But there you go: I'm old fashioned
I am personally a Midland fan... the midland 38, although basic, is everything you want in a CB...
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Hi Jeff,
The Intek radios have been really reliable for us, we've sold quite a few now with hardly any problems.
And with the built-in speech processor, in my opinion gives it the edge over the Midland radios.
Andy
The Intek radios have been really reliable for us, we've sold quite a few now with hardly any problems.
And with the built-in speech processor, in my opinion gives it the edge over the Midland radios.
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
I thought I new my stuff about CB's but I have been proved wrong as I do not know what the built-in speech processer is!
Any help?
- Gordon
Any help?
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- Basilsparents
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
- Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
Don't know to be honest... I still rake 20 year old Yorks off Ebay 
Oh, and whilst we're on the subject... anyone know if a squelch that doesn't work (in effect continuous white noise) Can be cured by a ton of switch cleaner?
Oh, and whilst we're on the subject... anyone know if a squelch that doesn't work (in effect continuous white noise) Can be cured by a ton of switch cleaner?
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
The Speech Processor basically cleans up the signal (on TX and RX) to make it alot clearer, therefore effectively giving you a better range.
We have tested one on our test antenna here and have quite easily got 30 miles+
As regards to your squelch problem BP, i doubt that switch cleaner would work in this instance. Normally if you have a dirty squelch control you cannot get any white noise, not the other way around.
Andy
We have tested one on our test antenna here and have quite easily got 30 miles+
As regards to your squelch problem BP, i doubt that switch cleaner would work in this instance. Normally if you have a dirty squelch control you cannot get any white noise, not the other way around.
Andy
- Basilsparents
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
- Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
Yum, I like the sound of that speech processor
Maybe when I get myself my first wages from this new job...
(THEME PARKS PAY SLAVE LABOUR WAGES!!)
(THEME PARKS PAY SLAVE LABOUR WAGES!!)
-
breaker 19
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 51
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:22 pm
i've always liked the midland 48 Very good cb
I am a Midland man too, I have had CBs with all bells and whistles on but at the end of the day while on the move you need a basic reliable rig.
I now use a Midland 98 Plus thats been tweaked a little and a small RM linear amp.

I now use a Midland 98 Plus thats been tweaked a little and a small RM linear amp.
10 - 10 and 10 - 65...........
when i use the sp button on my intek
it makes a massive change to the audio, it really does pull in weak signals and clean them up also
i would deff buy a intek anyday
it makes a massive change to the audio, it really does pull in weak signals and clean them up also
i would deff buy a intek anyday




