What cb to get? (new to CB)

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Racecraft76
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 pm

I need to get a CB to use on jaunts with my car club around UK and Europe. I have no idea what to get, im a bit confused with all the options and features many CBs have.

All i need is a CB that will work well in UK and Europe and a decent mag mount antenna. Its for use in a classic car so I cant have a huge antenna on it.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Im looking to spend roughly £100 all in, but would be happy to move a little either way for the right unit.
Photoguy2910
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:29 am
Location: Rosyth,Fife

When I got back into CB I got Danita 3000 and a Wilson Little Wil, you should be able to find these for under £100. Remember a SWR meter too (can get one for £10)
108TM999
Racecraft76
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Photoguy2910 wrote:When I got back into CB I got Danita 3000 and a Wilson Little Wil, you should be able to find these for under £100. Remember a SWR meter too (can get one for £10)
Thanks, I'll have a look at that set up.

I would ideally like a few recommendations so I can make an informed choice, so more input would be appreciated :)
tobyw7
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm selling my Team ME-4 CB Radio & Magmount antenna on eBay at the minute.
Hardly been used.
Great piece of kit.
UK & EU Channels.
PM me if interested or take a look: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=017
I can send more pics if wanted.

That will probs be more than you need before you get swamped with unnecessary features etc.

Just a thought.

Cheers
>> 26-Tango Mike-129 : http://www.tangomike.net
>> 26-Foxtrot Bravo-132 : http://www.foxtrotbravo.co.uk
User avatar
greenfingers
Needs to get out more!!
Needs to get out more!!
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 am
CB Handle: GREENFINGERS
Location: Bournemouth/poole

26TM777 26W777
Image
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

midland or intek with a wilson will work well



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
Racecraft76
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for the help

I called the guys at Thunderpole and they couldnt have been more helpfull.

Going with the Intek. :)
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

good decision



:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

you cant go wrong with a intec :lol:
Post Reply