O.K I havent been on here in a while so here goes...
I'm planning on fitting a new CB into my tractor.
I fancy getting a Midland 98+. How good are they?
I also plan to put a 5ft yellow springer on 1 mirror and a Sirio HY-POWER 3000 on the other. Yes or no?
Can you get mirror mounts with SO239 fittings?
Should I fit a antenna switcher or a T bar so that I can connect the 2 antennas into the same CB?
Looking forward to hearing some advice.
- Gordon
Unsure Which To Buy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

single antenna wilson 1000 with intek m110 multi band will work fine twin antenna have to be the same and at least 8ft 6 apart to get the best performance hope this helps and you can get the proper mount to set up the wilson on a mirror mount from our suppliers

if it anit broke dont fix it
- jdo330
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:59 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire (but I get about a bit!)
I have a Midland 98, all I would say is its OK . There is nothing wrong with it but its been about for a while now and im convinced there are better radios available for the same or maybe a little bit more money.
As Stampman says, the Intek is sure to be good. Why not take a look at the new Maxon too (have a look at The Wizard's review in the CB radion section - all sounds good to me).
As for the antenna, I would only go for a Springer thingy if its going to get a battering. There are loads of other antenna's that will perform a lot better.
ATB, Jon.
As Stampman says, the Intek is sure to be good. Why not take a look at the new Maxon too (have a look at The Wizard's review in the CB radion section - all sounds good to me).
As for the antenna, I would only go for a Springer thingy if its going to get a battering. There are loads of other antenna's that will perform a lot better.
ATB, Jon.
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Hmm... I was told that the twin antennas wouldnt work if they were the same. I was told to put different ones on.
I already have a Sirio-HY-Power 3000 so I'm going to use that. The antennas will get a fair bit of battering off trees. I still fancy a yellow Orbitor for my John Deere....
Does the T Bar thing work well? or am I better with a antenna switcher?
- Gordon
I already have a Sirio-HY-Power 3000 so I'm going to use that. The antennas will get a fair bit of battering off trees. I still fancy a yellow Orbitor for my John Deere....
Does the T Bar thing work well? or am I better with a antenna switcher?
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Hi Gordon,
You were told wrong! Twin aerials need to be exactly the same, and as Stampman says 8' 6" apart.
If you are going to use different antennas then you need to use a switch, although there wouldnt be much point in this as the Sirio would work better.
If you are going to get another Sirio then you would need something called a co-phase harness which is tuned specially to work with twin antennas. We sell them here... http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/patchleads.htm
Hope this helps,
Andy
You were told wrong! Twin aerials need to be exactly the same, and as Stampman says 8' 6" apart.
If you are going to use different antennas then you need to use a switch, although there wouldnt be much point in this as the Sirio would work better.
If you are going to get another Sirio then you would need something called a co-phase harness which is tuned specially to work with twin antennas. We sell them here... http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/patchleads.htm
Hope this helps,
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
O.K Thanks.
I also have a Sirio ML145. Could I connect that along with the HY-Power since they are both Sirio or do they have to be the same model?
- Gordon
I also have a Sirio ML145. Could I connect that along with the HY-Power since they are both Sirio or do they have to be the same model?
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
They both have to be exactly the same, sorry.
Andy
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
O.K. Thanks. Think I'll just go with 1 antenna
Will post some pics when I get everything up and running!
- Gordon
Will post some pics when I get everything up and running!
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

I have used front and rear antena on my trucks before but only with a switcher , switched to the front antena u will get a 3 pound increase in signal to a contact behind u compared to the rear mounted antena and vice versa.,it dose make use of the extra ground plane towards a contact but the preferable mounting of a antena is central to the vehicle,in the case of a farm tractor ide stick it on the bonnet just in front of the windscreen ,in this position u could use a much taller antena and be able to keep an eye on it through bushes and trees .


