hi there, has anybody got instructions for how to use the said swr meter...Miranda Model 175
its got the scale....swr/fs
its got slide.... level adjustment
a switch for..... matcher or swr/fs
a switch for..... fwd or ref
then two knobs one marked "tune" the other "load"
now how do I use it
please help/tips/ideas
Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god......then brake.........................................................
miranda model 175
just use it for swr as the rigs dont put out enough for the matcher ie yo put 4watts in and 1 watt comes out of the matcher put the switch on swr use the slide to get the needle to the set mark on the dial with the switch in the fwd position then move the switch to ref and read off you swr

if it anit broke dont fix it
well I used the miranda 175 this dinner time at work........
my gutter mounted trucker 80 is at 1.5
I did talk to some one as well dinner time to see how strong I was on air He said very good.
I also have a Cherokee on a magmount with a splitter for my cd/radio..the cd/radio picks up every thing good & strong .but as connected to my cb rig the swr reads 3
is it down to earthing as I have a series landrover with the magmount on the spare wheel mounted (steel) on the bonnet..is the spare wheel shielding the aerial or is it just a case or the aerial being too long...
re-cap
midland 30 with Trucker 80 on gutter mount swr 1.5
cherokee on bonnet with splitter for cd/radio/cb rig swr 3.0
tips/ideas Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god...........then brake.........................................
my gutter mounted trucker 80 is at 1.5
I also have a Cherokee on a magmount with a splitter for my cd/radio..the cd/radio picks up every thing good & strong .but as connected to my cb rig the swr reads 3
re-cap
midland 30 with Trucker 80 on gutter mount swr 1.5
cherokee on bonnet with splitter for cd/radio/cb rig swr 3.0
tips/ideas Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god...........then brake.........................................
well checked the swr today again..........
channel 19.swr is 1.4
channel 40.swr is 2.0
channel 01. swr is 1.2 so the trucker aerial is good................
on the other hand the cherokee mag-mounted on my bonnet the swr is about 3.2 on all 3 channels....
now is it cos I have a alloy landrover & the steel spare wheel mount is not good enough for the earth or is it the aerial, I even cut of 5mm off its length and the swr did not move
on all channels ie 01/19/40 the swr is the same about 3.2 should I try the aerial somewhere else ie another gutter mount
Cheers Paul
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god........then brake...............................................
channel 19.swr is 1.4
channel 40.swr is 2.0
channel 01. swr is 1.2 so the trucker aerial is good................
on the other hand the cherokee mag-mounted on my bonnet the swr is about 3.2 on all 3 channels....
on all channels ie 01/19/40 the swr is the same about 3.2 should I try the aerial somewhere else ie another gutter mount
Cheers Paul
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god........then brake...............................................
pictures always help
this is the said item..............

how do you use the matcher
cheers Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god..................then brake..................................
this is the said item..............

how do you use the matcher
cheers Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god..................then brake..................................


