Uk regulations / planning laws on aerials
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
yep rip
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Yeah well the aerial i had up before was hard as nails and wasnt coming down in a hurry... it was a 20ft scaff pole with 4 1 foot sections of massive angle welded on at the bottom and then a few feet up which then bolted through the back of the garage wall with M16 bolts, spreader washers AND spreader bars on the inside of the garage...
I weigh 18 stone and shimmyed up to the top and tried to rock it backwards and forwards and it wouldnt even move! So i then clamped the aerial to the top and that was it, but regardless of it being totally safe (the garage itself would have had to have collapsed for it to come down) they still said COMPUTER SAYS NOOO on the basis that some selfish moany old bar steward complained that it's ruining the view of ugly overgrown trees and other peoples gardens/houses....
Yeah... picturesque views all round innit...
right, so what was the suggestion re: a dipole? I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to equipment and what nots...
Also, is it possible to get a 3m aerial that i can just bung up on the chimney or ridge that will perform satisfactorily?
I weigh 18 stone and shimmyed up to the top and tried to rock it backwards and forwards and it wouldnt even move! So i then clamped the aerial to the top and that was it, but regardless of it being totally safe (the garage itself would have had to have collapsed for it to come down) they still said COMPUTER SAYS NOOO on the basis that some selfish moany old bar steward complained that it's ruining the view of ugly overgrown trees and other peoples gardens/houses....
Yeah... picturesque views all round innit...
right, so what was the suggestion re: a dipole? I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to equipment and what nots...
Also, is it possible to get a 3m aerial that i can just bung up on the chimney or ridge that will perform satisfactorily?
Last edited by Red Rider on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
hobgobblin
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 239
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm
- CB Handle: Hobgobblin
- Location: Isle of Bute
I must tell you this: a couple of weekends ago I took part in IOTA (Amateur Radio Contest) and we were putting a pole up in the garden for an HF antenna and one VERY old and cantankerous neighbour put her head out the window and said "I don't want that there".....we tried to explain to the silly old so and so that it was only going to be up for the weekend! We were, by the way, completely entitled to put it up because a) the garden and grounds of our house belongs to us and b) it's not going to be present for more than 28 days a year!! 
HOBGOBBLIN
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
-
hobgobblin
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 239
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm
- CB Handle: Hobgobblin
- Location: Isle of Bute
p.s. I feel like putting it up for 28 days!!!

HOBGOBBLIN
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
my dad
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me



