Where do you mount your CB's?
I want to make mine look neat, not dangling off the transmission tunnel with wires everywhere. I have a sunroof unfortunately, so It can't go in the roof. Any ideas?
DISCO Owners
Ive seen the actually rig mounted in the map pockets in the disco's..Aerial mount would be a gutter mount..
Cheers Gav
Cheers Gav
Monitoring CH19
-
The Straw Guy
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:11 pm
I seem to be ruling out options pretty quickly
Can't go in the middle of the roof console because I have a sunroof
Can't go in the map pockets because all the PA rigs are too fat
Can't go in the centre console because it's not deep enough
Can't go on the rear of the centre console because it gets in the way of folding the seats forward
Can't go in the middle of the roof console because I have a sunroof
Can't go in the map pockets because all the PA rigs are too fat
Can't go in the centre console because it's not deep enough
Can't go on the rear of the centre console because it gets in the way of folding the seats forward
Well as a temporary measure I've got my rig jammed down between the drivers seat and the centre console....
But I have the same prob... I don't want it to be on permanent display but there is few decent (read non) locations for a normal sized unit...
So I'm with you on this one mate...
So I'm with you on this one mate...
-
randombod
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 pm
- CB Handle: randombod
- Location: Darlington / co Durham
like the idea of the chanel change mic, do you have stereo controls on your steering wheel if so what about moving the stereo to another location i.e under seat and putting cb in stereos place. OR my mate created a new centre box for his disco to hold a cb and vhf set up OR what about a remote head not sure if cb have these but vhf do so i woudl think so and put the remote head unit on the dash and the box of tricks in the boot.
just a thought or two
just a thought or two
Hi, I too have Sun Roofs on my Disco 1 but here is what I have done. My Rig is screwed into where the front Sunroof handle used to be. (I even used the same screw) Yes I took a screwdriver to the handle. One of the reasons I have done this is because my Sunroof used to leak but is now sealed. The only problem is the power cable runs down the front window but the coaxial runs above the sunvisor mount, comes out the side runs down the length of the vehicle at Grab handle hieght (Cable-tied to Grab Handles) then goes through/along the rear Alpine window surround, then pops out the back door to a gutter mount. I hope it all makes sense.......Lee
- AppleTree
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
- CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
- Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex
Mine is jammed between the seat and the centre console, and wired into the rear cigarette lighter plug.
It works alright... I wanted it on the dash but tea leaves around my area now days... Grrr.....
It works alright... I wanted it on the dash but tea leaves around my area now days... Grrr.....
- blueovalcraig
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm
- CB Handle: Blueoval
- Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contact:
I put mine in front of the sunroof buttons
Call Sign: 108CT167 Handle: Blueoval
- AppleTree
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
- CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
- Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex
How did you secure it? I can't make it out?blueovalcraig wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 pm I put mine in front of the sunroof buttons
20170426_151322(2).jpg
- blueovalcraig
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm
- CB Handle: Blueoval
- Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contact:
I screwed the bracket into the plastic but I’ve now shifted it on top of my dash.AppleTree wrote: ↑Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pmHow did you secure it? I can't make it out?blueovalcraig wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 pm I put mine in front of the sunroof buttons
20170426_151322(2).jpg
Call Sign: 108CT167 Handle: Blueoval

