burners
- wildfire
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 335
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
- CB Handle: wildfire.
- Location: United Kindom.
hi landyloon if you use a good antenna like a orbitor has it is the one i am useing on my scania 113 on a mirrior mount, or gutter mounts only thing you need to make shure is to ckeck if the swr is below 1.5 they work realy good with getting out also recieving orbitor antennas also dont get damaged easy by trees or bridges but burners are not essentiall
quote="landyloon"]do most lorry drivers fit them so the get more range and if so what kind of size do they use and what kind of range do the get?[/quote]
Pays your money and take your choice, in my case yes to burners.
I run KL203 around 70w output in my DAF105 coupled with Midland48 plus, my range is around the 5 mile mark, which for me is handy as most of my time as Im talking to Southampton Breakers who are mostly Homebase setups or my fellow drivers on the Docks.
The lack of distance I get even running burners is down to the Rocket Scientists at DAF, who in their wisdom shorted out the cab making it virtually impossible to run any aerial other than stock model supplied on the truck which is 2 foot nothing and on the back of the cab as well -
IDIOTS.
Pays your money and take your choice, in my case yes to burners.
I run KL203 around 70w output in my DAF105 coupled with Midland48 plus, my range is around the 5 mile mark, which for me is handy as most of my time as Im talking to Southampton Breakers who are mostly Homebase setups or my fellow drivers on the Docks.
The lack of distance I get even running burners is down to the Rocket Scientists at DAF, who in their wisdom shorted out the cab making it virtually impossible to run any aerial other than stock model supplied on the truck which is 2 foot nothing and on the back of the cab as well -
5 miles with a burner you need to talk to a good cb fitter if i cant get 5 miles with the daf antenna mounted properly the something is seriously wrong
call in at a good cb shop and get it sorted

call in at a good cb shop and get it sorted
if it anit broke dont fix it
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
i wouldnt bother with them push in out to 30 miles and only recieven 15 not worht it lyk by a good areil 
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
unless the have a amp no 1 will talk
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
well if i had an amp then people can hear me but when they repli if they ant got one then i no hear them

M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me

