Tristar 747
- Nugsport
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 230
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:18 pm
- CB Handle: Nugsport/Steve Alli-monster
- Location: Leicester
hi was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this little radio a friend of mine has just bought himself one of these and i was curiuos how well they perform?

Steve
DX The World
"Check Your Band Plan"
Homebase - Magnum S-9 Nitro Export > Sirio 827
Mobile - Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi > Sirio Megwatt 4000
26 PW 353
As stampman said its the same as the colt 444. Its an export radio so not strictly a UK legal rig and will need to be re alligned or you would need a conversion chart to use it with UK radios.
The 747 should offer LO - MID - HI BAND modes with 120 channels per band, and if untouched, should give between 4 and 6 Watts output on FM, and 8 to 12 Watts on SSB providing you have the power to give it.
The 747 should offer LO - MID - HI BAND modes with 120 channels per band, and if untouched, should give between 4 and 6 Watts output on FM, and 8 to 12 Watts on SSB providing you have the power to give it.
HARRIER - CBX ---quality CB built on the famous Cyberrnet 134AOX board.
'Breaker One-Nine, what's your 20? I Hammer'd Down on the A3
I eyeballed a Kojak with a Kodak so I pulled in behind a Suicide Jockey.'
'Breaker One-Nine, what's your 20? I Hammer'd Down on the A3
I eyeballed a Kojak with a Kodak so I pulled in behind a Suicide Jockey.'
The Tristar 727, not the 747 is the same as the Colt 444 / Ham International UK.
The Tristar 747 is the same beast as a Hygain V (2795/ 2795DX)/ Colt 1200 / Pacific 160 / Concorde 2 to name a few. Not the best sidebander in the world, but it works OK if it is set up properly. If it is slightly out on SSB it sounds awful, and most of them were.
The Tristar 747 is the same beast as a Hygain V (2795/ 2795DX)/ Colt 1200 / Pacific 160 / Concorde 2 to name a few. Not the best sidebander in the world, but it works OK if it is set up properly. If it is slightly out on SSB it sounds awful, and most of them were.
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
what mr fish said
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
yes
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Otter...
I'm affraid you're not quite right about the 747 & the Ham Int. Concorde 2 being the same. There are so many identical radios in different cases, it's easy to get confused.
I've been running a modified Ham International Concorde II as a homebase for the last 17 yrs or so & an un-modified Tristar 747 in the car for about 15yrs.
The 747 is basically the Multimode I. No variable kc. Only clarifier.
The tristar 777 is almost identical to the Multimode II. White stipes in different place that's all. These have variable kc to get to the UK40.
Below is my modified Ham International Concorde II. Modifications include Super Highs to get all UK, Switchable R\B & Variable PWR. Never had a problem with it in 17 yrs. In the picture below... It is set at Ch.19 UK.

Tristar 747 (no variable kc, only clarifier)

Tristar 777 (variable kc)

Ham International Multimode II (variable kc)

I'm affraid you're not quite right about the 747 & the Ham Int. Concorde 2 being the same. There are so many identical radios in different cases, it's easy to get confused.
I've been running a modified Ham International Concorde II as a homebase for the last 17 yrs or so & an un-modified Tristar 747 in the car for about 15yrs.
The 747 is basically the Multimode I. No variable kc. Only clarifier.
The tristar 777 is almost identical to the Multimode II. White stipes in different place that's all. These have variable kc to get to the UK40.
Below is my modified Ham International Concorde II. Modifications include Super Highs to get all UK, Switchable R\B & Variable PWR. Never had a problem with it in 17 yrs. In the picture below... It is set at Ch.19 UK.

Tristar 747 (no variable kc, only clarifier)

Tristar 777 (variable kc)

Ham International Multimode II (variable kc)

i was once given a Tristar 747 ,it needed sorting so i put it into Good Buddys cB shop at shildon for repair , When i got it back off them it was doing 16 wats on FM and with my Sadelta MB30 it was getting out all over the world on rig power, the Sirio 2016 that i had at that time may have helped it a bit but it is still the most powerfull mobile Cibernet radio ive ever owned and regreted selling it five minutes after selling.
I have also had a epromed Tristar 777 which i also loved , it did 10 wats on fm ,
i had it modified so a switch gave 10wats normal , or 4wats for Burner use .
I currently have a epromed Ham Multymode 2 ,also 10wats FM which has unfortunately gone t---s up but plan to put it in for repair.
All three radios are virtually identical to look at. get out great and best of all they will run off a 3 amp powersupply,so no need for expensive 10amp power supplys .
Why oh why did i sell my 747 .
Edited to add
Just ran radios through me Amp meter = Epromed Ham Multymode 2 at 10wats on FM draws 2 amps during transmit. Tristar 747 at 14wats output on FM draws 2.09 Amps from the powersupply during transmit .
I have also had a epromed Tristar 777 which i also loved , it did 10 wats on fm ,
i had it modified so a switch gave 10wats normal , or 4wats for Burner use .
I currently have a epromed Ham Multymode 2 ,also 10wats FM which has unfortunately gone t---s up but plan to put it in for repair.
All three radios are virtually identical to look at. get out great and best of all they will run off a 3 amp powersupply,so no need for expensive 10amp power supplys .
Why oh why did i sell my 747 .
Edited to add
Just ran radios through me Amp meter = Epromed Ham Multymode 2 at 10wats on FM draws 2 amps during transmit. Tristar 747 at 14wats output on FM draws 2.09 Amps from the powersupply during transmit .
Last edited by Dragonfly on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.



