Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting
User avatar
mpcapri
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Northampton

Anyone else use the Firestik FireUp on their Antron? Seems to make it top heavy?

Not noticed a great deal of improvement so may put the original top back on mine.

Photo, my Antron with Firestik (slightly windy conditions)

Image

Mart
BEER IS FOR LIFE,NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!
26-TM-1969 - Red Squirrel - Spinney Hill - mpcapri - more aliases than what's his name
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

fire up is generaly a good addition to the antron drops the angle of radiation so gets further

:D :D :D *King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
mpcapri
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Northampton

We get a lot of interferiance here, probably that BT hub a couple of doors away, also we have a lot of adaprors which i think also interfere with our signal so perhaps thats why we never noticed any increase with the fire up.

Thinking of trying a Sirio 827 instead, see if that's any better [-o<
BEER IS FOR LIFE,NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!
26-TM-1969 - Red Squirrel - Spinney Hill - mpcapri - more aliases than what's his name
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

not till you sort the interference the more sensitive the antenna is on receive the more interference you will get



:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

Like thunderpoles sirio 827 advert its the ULIMATE DX`rs.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

hello there try some ferrite rings they just clip on the coax ..i did and they cut some noise down and i get a lot of trouble from these bt boxs *King*
piper spence
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 pm
CB Handle: Piper
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Hi, I use the firestick top on my A99. It is designed to bend around a lot I have had mine up in strong gale force wind's with no problems. I have a serio vector but I have to keep taking it down when the wind pick's up or it will self distruct. I got fed up taking it down so I bought the Imax, the A99s big brother. I was quite disapointed with the result. the A99 with a firestick top performes as well as my Imax with very little difference. So the vecter still goes up and down. The vector has an amazing performance compared to the A99 or Imax. PS I have used the ground plane kit on the A99 and it does improve the recieve a little.
.......It's Mental being Mental.....("\(¬_¬),,
hotmetal1000
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

The ground plane kit is to lower your angle of radiation on transmit.
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

they are supposed to be very good but what are they like with static noise :)
piper spence
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 pm
CB Handle: Piper
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

After some good copies today I can say the Imax has quite a strong transmitt compared to the A99, And the recieve is better but not much up to what I was expecting. it might just be my location. "Static" I returned to cb just before christmas and first put up a half wave silver rod. the static was quite bad around five pounds all the time. I had a A99 with firestick from a job lot deal and never used it Didn't like the idea of a fiber antenna. I then put up a 5/8 wave silver rod and Static was the same. I cleaned up the antron and put it up to test for selling it. I was really shocked at the performance and kept it. the static level dropped a lot to 3 or less but the recieve was a lot better ?. Since I put the Imax up two weeks ago I have had only a little static around one pound although I have a slightly better recieve very strange. might be just the local conditions at the moment. The ground plane on the A99 does improved the recieve a little but also bring's up the static the same like using a pre amp, but only around 1/2 a db difference. With the ground plane I never suddenly had reports that my transmitt was stronger or anything so have not noticed the difference with angle of radiation, I have no homebase problems with BPL. "Touch wood" Take care ya all.
(There are breaker's in bristol who use Imax's and suffer very bad with static. But they would still highly recommend them and there stations do perform very well)
.......It's Mental being Mental.....("\(¬_¬),,
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

[quote I had a A99 with firestick from a job lot deal and never used it Didn't like the idea of a fiber antenna. I then put up a 5/8 wave silver rod and Static was the same. I cleaned up the antron and put it up to test for selling it. I was really shocked at the performance and kept it.
YES I WAS THE SAME I DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK OF THE ANTRON 99 BUT BYE GOD THERE GOOD ANTENNAS ...VERY GOOD POST !!! *King* =D>
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

i have heard there good
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

killer cam wrote:i have heard there good
what antenna do you use cam?? :wink:
hotmetal1000
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

hotmetal1000 wrote:The ground plane kit is to lower your angle of radiation on transmit.
For dxing. The radiation comes off at a lower angle meaning it hits the ionshpere further away and thus is reflected further. Sorry probably should have added that.
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

porky.69 wrote:
killer cam wrote:i have heard there good
what antenna do you use cam?? :wink:
well im in my first year of cbing and have got a 1/2 wave but im gettin a a99 in a weeks time
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Post Reply