Handheld Problem

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
peter_winkley
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi
I'm looking for a little help with a handheld rig I recently required. It is a Realistic TRC 1005.

Basically I can recieve fine and having sorted the aerial connection it appears to be transmitting but there is no sound. When I push the button the screen switches to show tx and what appears to be a signal strength meter. Since cleaning up the aerial connection this has gone from 3 bars to 5. However with the button depressed it appears to be broadcasting a signal but not sound.

So my question is does anyone have idea what the problem could be and how can I track it down. I stripped the unit down and couldn't see any obviousdodgy connections.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

is the trc not an am set ?

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
peter_winkley
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

stampman wrote:is the trc not an am set ?

*King* *King* *King* *King*
Um
Its got the Cb 27/81 stamp on the front. I thought that it meant it complied with the the fm cb regulations?
Also last night I was picking up a lot of chatter on ch14 and 40, although I couldn't get a copy. I thought that am frequencies where illegal to use now?

Please excuse my ignorance its been a good few years since I used a CB at all and I didn't really have much in the way of technical understanding at the time.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

no if its got the stamp then it should be uk best bet would be to try it useing a scanner so you can hear what is going out


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply