Hi I'm New To The Forum

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
Foxbat
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm

I thought I ought to pop in and introduce myself. I was a CBer back in the AM days, around 1978 to 81, then went over to the legal FM. It was totally taken over by wallies, so I packed it in, in about 1989. In 1991 I took the RAE and became a licenced ham. I stayed active on the ham bands until 2006, when I blew up my mobile rig and my base rig within a couple of weeks of each other. I remained inactive until just before Christmas when I decided to have a go at fixing my mates Midland 38 rig. He had blown the RF output transistor, so I ordered a new one, fitted it and brought it back to life. To test it, after trying it into a dummy load via the SWR Meter, I got an old Shakespear 1/4 wave that was lurking in the garage and tuned it against a four wire groundplane on top of the 6 ft trellis in the garden. It worked and over a couple of days i've renewed some old CB friendships. I now have the Shakespear on top of my Tennamast, which I didn't take down as I knew the radio bug would bite again at some point, so here I am, thanks to Colins duff radio.

BTW, my mates radio is now back in his car and working a treat, now we have sorted out his antenna and coax problems.
I now have the itch to get my ham gear repaired and get back on the bands but I will also be active on the CB.

Sorry for the long waffle. I'm like this on air as well. :oops:
Cheers
Phil
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome the more wafflers the better we have been looking for some one to set the standard for quite a while now so you are very welcome to show how its done


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Welcome to the Thunderpole forum :D

Andy :wink:
Foxbat
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks :D :oops:
User avatar
greenfingers
Needs to get out more!!
Needs to get out more!!
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 am
CB Handle: GREENFINGERS
Location: Bournemouth/poole

hi from me :mrgreen:
26TM777 26W777
Image
simon007
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 8:14 am
CB Handle: Simon007

Welcome to the forum and nice to have you here

Regards
Simon
Writer of Comms from Europe Radio User Magazine
Post Reply